Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

I've been tagged by Allen Lewis!


So, here's the rules of our game:

1. Link to the person who tagged you (see above).
2. Post the rules on your blog.  (Look at me, Ma - I'm postin'!)
3. Write six random thing about yourself. (Hm...)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

OK - my six random things:

1. I met my husband Gary when we were in college in the '80s.  We went on one date; I graduated and moved away, we completely lost touch for 10 years, and then we ran into each other in 1996 at a Christian music/arts festival attended by 25,000 people.  Ah, Providence.
2. I once saw and said hello to Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad in person at the tiny Christian record label I worked for in California in the '90s.  He was going out the door as I was coming in.  (You said random...)
3. I love to disentangle things - strings, chains, yarn, Christmas lights, etc.  It creates a state of deep meditation for me.  If I could get paid for disentangling string/untying knots, I'd be filthy rich.
4. I dyed my hair blonde for the first time in my life back in August.  I did it for a show I was in; I've gotten lots of compliments on it and Gary likes it, so I think I'll keep it this way.
5. My sister Susan is a science teacher for accelerated/gifted students.  She's my biggest fan and most faithful friend in the world.
6. My father-in-law is a rocket scientist.  (No, really - scroll down for a picture of Charles Lundquist giving a lecture on orbital mechanics to W. Von Braun et al. in 1958.)


Tag - you're it!  And here's hoping your New Year is a Happy one!

2 comments:

Allen Lewis said...

Kathleen -
You will have to work up some advertising targeting cat owners if you ever want to make a profit at disentangling yarn!! LOL!

Thanks for responding. Most interesting tidbits.

Allen

DAVe said...

Jen Avila can be found at thejenanddaveshow.com